I currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a leading UK software company to join their organisation as a Pathology SME, responsible for driving the introduction of their LIMS solution into the market.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 5 years of experience in working with Pathology IT solutions, and ideally will also have a technical laboratory background such as Biomedical Science.
- Consult and liaise with clients and stakeholders to clarify business requirement and make recommendations on the development of system functionality with respect to enhancements or other solutions to meet client needs.
- Undertake a lead role in analyzing and improving business processes to ensure more effective use of new and existing information system functionality and managing tasks associated with implementation, change control and support of critical clinical systems.
- Support the software development cycle to ensure the business needs of the organization and its clients are met. This would include direct client liaison on design, development, and release of new software.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, project staff and clients through presentations and project related documentation such as functional specifications, user manuals, contingency plans, risk assessments, quality assurance processes and change control procedures.
- Monitor and maintain current knowledge of recent industry developments and trends, including liaising with external professional bodies and tertiary institutions.
- Demonstrated senior experience and expert knowledge of Pathology and hospital process in particular pertaining to a clinical and diagnostic system.
- High level communication skills, including the ability to prepare complex reports and to influence decision making of senior staff.
- Proven ability to apply project management methodologies to ensure project deliverables
are attained within project timetables.
Ability to manage and coordinate work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of expert advice in the use of clinical (pathology) systems and the ability to use industry experience to assist business areas in the development and troubleshooting of applications.
- Demonstrated ability in the management and prioritisation of configuration changes in consultation with user management and key stakeholders within a defined change management framework.
- Proven ability to participate in a highly skilled technical team providing high level technical direction, standardisation and support of enterprise applications in a large customer focused organisation.
- Proven ability to function as a team member, maintain confidentiality, work with minimal supervision, organise and prioritise workflow to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of working relationships with a variety of clinical and administrative stakeholders to facilitate the realisation and maintenance of business benefits for clients.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise and work collaboratively to ensure positive clinical outcomes.
- Ability to work alongside clients in all phases of installation, implementation and training for new installations and functionality upgrades.
If you feel you have the above skills profile and are interested in the role please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01772 278050 to discuss it further.
IT Works Health Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age or experience, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role.