I’m currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing informatics vendor as a Technical Application Consultant, working directly with their core Sample Management product.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting company at a key point in their growth, responsible for the configuration, installation, maintenance, and integration of their core informatics product, a Sample Management solution for laboratories. The role will involve working as a key part of the technical team to understand business requirements and document the required confirmation, implement new systems and upgrade existing ones, and perform integration testing and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have a background in technical life science, and experience in either the implementation or administration of an informatics solution within a regulated environment. The technical aspect of the role is focused on SQL scripting within an Oracle database so experience in this area is a necessity.
- Gain a broad knowledge of the functionality and detailed workings of the software product suite
- Work closely with Business Analysts to understand requirements and document the required configuration
- Implement new systems and updates to existing systems, largely through the use of configuration in the Oracle database
- Perform on-site installations and upgrades, integration testing, and troubleshooting with hardware (liquid handlers, automated stores, etc.)
- Develop and deliver customer training
- Provide guidance to customers on migrating existing data.
- A technical background in software, research informatics, engineering or other relevant area
- 2+ years of experience in support or project role of customer data management or software solutions
- Proficient in relational database systems and writing SQL (ideally Oracle)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with a variety of third party software and hardware systems
- Excellent internal and external verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the implementation and configuration of lab automation systems, e.g. robotic liquid handlers, automated stores, tube / rack scanners, electronic balances.
- Relevant life science / pharmaceutical industry experience is useful, preferably in drug discovery
If you feel you have the above skills profile and are interested in the role please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01772 278050 to discuss it further.
IT Works Health Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age or experience, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role.